If you’re like a lot of business owners, the emails you get tend to repeat themselves. And I bet you’re getting a little tired of saying the same things over and over again. And you’d love a way to manage email so that you don’t have to keep repeating yourself.
Think you can stand to write just one more email answering your most frequent questions? Because if you can, you’ll never again have to answer them on the fly.
Canned responses, or email templates, are emails that you write ahead of time addressing questions you get asked all the time. Spending 5-10 minutes on each of your most frequent email topics can save you hours in the long run.
Not sure it’ll work for you? Here are a few questions you might run into often, which might benefit from a standard response.
Canned responses to manage email
- When is your new e-book/e-course/product coming out?
- I’m not happy with my purchase. Can I get a refund?
- Do you offer [insert service]?
- Can you tell me more about [insert product/service]?
- I’m [insert characteristic/problem]. Will your product/service work for me?
- Can I guest post on your blog/will you guest post on my blog?
- Do you offer layby?
- How can I purchase your product/service?
- Which of product x, y, or z would be best for me?
- Can you donate a product to my auction/fundraiser?
You could also write up standard emails you send to your customers or clients asking for feedback, testimonials, or just to see how they’re going when you haven’t heard from them for a while.
Okay, you’ve sold me. Now how do I do it?
Fortunately, these days you can store canned responses right in your email program. Since each email program is different, I recommend looking at the help to find out where it is and what it’s called in yours. I also found this how-to on setting up canned emails in Gmail.
Can’t find instructions in your email client? Google “canned emails [your email client here]” and I’m sure you’ll find something.
Need help writing some responses? Don’t have time to do it yourself, but you know you want it to happen? Sign up for a VA Package and we can work together on it. 🙂